Login

I just smashed a pastor

Son-Of-Fire

14 year(s) ago

There was a discussion in another site about whether or not circumcision was important. There was a pastor who said that there was no need for any of the Jewish traditions anymore, or any need for the Jewish faith because Jesus came and did away with the Jewish faith. I responded by saying, "Well, salvation is of the Jews." His response - "WRONG!! Salvation is in faith in Jesus Alone. It is NOT in the jewish faith." Me, "John 4:22 - Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Him... "Well then..."

jeremy1993

14 year(s) ago

[b]Son_Of_Fire wrote:[/b] [quote]There was a discussion in another site about whether or not circumcision was important. There was a pastor who said that there was no need for any of the Jewish traditions anymore, or any need for the Jewish faith because Jesus came and did away with the Jewish faith. I responded by saying, "Well, salvation is of the Jews." His response - "WRONG!! Salvation is in faith in Jesus Alone. It is NOT in the jewish faith." Me, "John 4:22 - Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Him... "Well then..."[/quote] John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know. We worship what we do know, because salvation is from the Jews. when Jesus said its from the jews he was talking about how salvation is through Him. salvation IS through Christ alone Galatians 2:16 yet we know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will be justified. and here is some verses that talk about circumcision Acts 15:5-11 But then some of the believers who belonged to the sect of the Pharisees stood up and insisted, “The Gentile converts must be circumcised and required to follow the law of Moses. So the apostles and elders met together to resolve this issue. At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows: “Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the Good News and believe. God knows people’s hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us. He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith. 1 So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers[a] with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear? We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.� hope this helps God Bless Jeremy

Cowgurl4JC

14 year(s) ago

Beautiful, Kenneth. Absolutely beautiful.

Son-Of-Fire

14 year(s) ago

Jessica and Kat - Thanks, I don't believe anyone has ever told me that I'm beautiful before. ;)

Freakyone

14 year(s) ago

wow

jeremy1993

14 year(s) ago

I don't really know if this thing is still debating about circumcision but I was read 1 Corinthians today and I ran across this verse and I think its really clear on circumcision 1 Corinthians 7:17-21 Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts. Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him. Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. sorry if this has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about now God bless Jeremy

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)